Mobile Railway Wheel Turning Lathe 1AK200 - Links
Thanks much for visiting us! Here are a few of the sites around the web that we recommend.
- Aberdeen & Rockfish Railroad Company - This system of three short line carriers (A&R, Pee Dee River Railway, and Dunn-Erwin) serves the Fayetteville, NC/SC area, with connections to CSX and NS.
- Arkansas Missouri Railroad - Originally part of the Frisco, this freight and passenger excursion railroad operates 149 miles of track between Monett, MO and Fort Smith, AK, connecting with BNSF, UP and KCS; also offers engine and car maintenance services.
- BC Rail - BC Rail, Canada's third largest railway, operates exclusively in British Columbia and has interline connections to all rail-served points in North America.
- BNSF - Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway operates services and in the mid and western United States
- Canadian Pacific Railway - Canadian Pacific Railway connects the Atlantic and the Pacific coasts with the heart of North America. Linking principal Canadian cities as well as 16 states in the U.S. Midwest and Northeast.
- Canton Railroad Company - Class III, shortline switch carrier in East Baltimore City and Baltimore County, Maryland.
- Chicago SouthShore and South Bend Railroad - Shortline freight railroad operating between northwest Indiana and Chicago.
- CNR Home Page - Canadian National Railway, Canada's largest freight railroad, provides seamless transportation and intermodal service throughout North America.
- Consolidated Rail Corporation (Conrail) - Operate Freight services across mid and eastern United States.
- Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railroad - Operate services across the mid-west and south-eastern United States
- DMVW Railroad - Dakota Missouri Valley & Western Railroad is a short-line freight railroad that operates in North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana.
- Farmrail Railroad Western Oklahoma - A shortline railroad serving Western Oklahoma with connections to BNSF and UP. Services include freight, railcar storage and passenger excursions.
- Fort Worth & Western Railroad - Shortline railroad headquartered in Fort Worth Texas.
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. - Owns and operates short line and regional freight railroads. (Nasdaq: GNWR).
- The Georgia Southwestern Railroad - An overview of the services offered by the Georgia Southwestern Railroad, including map and contact information.
- Great Lakes Transportation - Operate Rail and boat services for the steel industry in the north eastern United States.
- Hoosier Southern Railroad Tell City River Port - A public port on the Ohio River at mile 727 and railroad that operates from the port through Perry and Spencer counties to its connection with the Norfolk Southern at Lincoln City, Indiana.
- Housatonic Railroad Company - A freight railroad serving Connecticut, Massachusetts, and eastern New York.
- Iowa Interstate Railroad - Information including maps, tariff rates, and notices.
- Kansas City Southern Rail Network - KCS and its affiliates form the "NAFTA railway," linking mid-America, Mexico and, through interchange with Canadian National, Canada.
- Madison Railroad in Madison Indiana - Madison Railroad provides transportation via csx as well as railcar service and train storage as part of the Madison IN port authority in southeastern Indiana.
- Morristown & Erie Railway - A short line freight railroad serving customers in Morris and Essex counties in New Jersey. The railway also runs the Ohio River, a private rail car available for charter on Amtrak trains.
- Paducah & Louisville Railway - Operates 281 miles of rail lines between Paducah and Louisville, Kentucky.
- Providence and Worcester Railroad - Operate rail services across New England.
- Royal Canadian Pacific - Luxury rail tours and travel on the Canadian Pacific railway. Includes accommodation information, travel planner, and history.
- Shore Line East Railroad - The Connecticut Department of Transportation's commuter rail service between New London and New Haven and beyond, operating Monday through Friday.
- SMS/ Penn-Jersey Rail Lines - Shortline Railroads in Bridgeport, NJ and Morrisville, PA.
- Stockton Terminal and Eastern RR - Located at Stockton, Ca. shortline railroad offering warehousing and bulk transfer facilities.
- TCRY Home Page - Short-line railroad operating in Richland (Tri-Cities) and Olympia, WA with connections to the UP and BNSF.
- Union Pacific Railroad - Information and contacts for rail shippers, and those conducting goods, services and real estate transactions.
- Vermont Rail Systems - Freight and passenger railroad operating in Vermont.
- VIA Rail Canada - Bilingual English/Francais site for rail passengers in Canada offers Electronic Reservation system, schedules, VIA Preference Rewards, seniors and discount information, and a photo album.
- Wisconsin and Southern Railroad - Passenger and freight railroad company servicing Southern Wisconsin & Northern Illinois.
- Amtrak Guest Rewards - Information on Amtrak's frequent-traveler rewards program.
- Amtrak Historical Society - Includes a brief Amtrak history, selected documents, a photo archive, and society news updates.
- Amtrak Unlimited - Discussion forum, photos, and information.
- Amtrak's Office of Inspector General - News and reports from the independent office that investigates allegations of waste, fraud, and abuse.
- CRS Report for Congress: Amtrak, Overview and Options - 2001 Congressional Research Service report.
- CRS Report for Congress: Amtrak Reform and Accountability Act of 1997 - 1999 Congressional Research Service report.
- Friends of Amtrak - Personal page includes news archive back to 1995, photos, links, and bibliography.
- Railroad.net: Amtrak Forum - Discussion forum.
- Railway Age: Amtrak's Rocky Road - Article assesses Amtrak's financial prospects in 2001.
- Wikipedia: Amtrak - Article from the online encyclopedia.
- ATG Autotransportlogistic GmbH - Rail based vehicle and car transport service operator, based in Germany.
- Austrian Railways - OBB - Information, timetables and news.
- B-Cargo - European rail freight operator
- Belgian Railways - NMBS/SNCB - NMBS/SNCB is the National Railway Company of Belgium. Information for rail travel in, to and from Belgium.
- boxXpress - Rail based container transport between German North Sea ports and southern Germany.
- Brest Branch UE Belintertrans - Official site of Brest Branch UE Belintertrans Belarussian Railways
- Croatian Railways - HZ - Information and timetable. limited English version.
- Danish Railways - DSB - Timetable and journey planner, news and information
- DB Motorail - Motorail trains within Germany and to Austria, Italy and France.
- Deutsche Bahn AG - European urban and country traffic database, including Germany wide pricing information and faq. German and English language site.
- EKO Transportgesellschaft mbH - German goods trains operator from the east of the state of Brandenburg to various destinations in Germany and Luxembourg. Information about the lines, the locomotives and the Ziltendorf marshalling yard.
- Elipsos Trainhotel - Manages the night-time Trainhotel railway services between Spain and France, Spain and Switzerland and Spain and Italy.
- Eurotunnel - Operator of the high speed transport system which links the UK to France through the Channel Tunnel.
- Finnish Railways - VR - Finnish rail operator. Timetable and ticketing information.
- French Railways - SNCF - Freight and passenger services.
- Gyor-Sopron-Ebenfurt Railway - Privately owned Austrian-Hungarian railway company in operation since 1872. Information about passenger and freight services in both countries. Site in English, Hungarian and German.
- Inlandsbanan - The Inland Railway Line - Runs through 1100 km of northern Sweden's inland from Mora in the south to Gallivare in the north. It runs through one of the last biggest wilderness areas in Europe - in English, Swedish and German.
- Irish Rail - Iarnrod Eireann - Passenger and freight services timetable and ticketing on Irish Railways
- The Norwegian Railway Company - Norwegian national railway systems. Travel planner, information and news.
- Pol Rail - Established by the Italian and Polish PKP Railways to develop railway traffic between the two countries and in Eastern Europe.
- Portuguese National Railways - History, timetables and information about the company.
- Rail4chem - Freight services within Germany and to Antwerpen (Belgium).
- ScotRail - Scotland's train service including the West Highland Line, the Kyle Line and the North Line.
- Slovenian Railways - SZ - information and news
- Thalys - Thalys is a service provided jointly by the Belgian, French, Dutch and German railways. Tickets, fares, services and timetables.
- Trade Trans Forwarding - Polish based European freight rail transporter.